Continuing Legal Education Manager
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation), a leading national alternative dispute resolution (ADR) firm, currently seeks a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Manager to join our Marketing department. The CLE Manager will serve as the firm’s expert resource on continuing legal education (CLE) programs and events. The CLE Manager will report to the Vice President of Marketing out of the firm’s Garden City, NY office.
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) provides a unique opportunity to join one of the highest volume and fastest growing Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) companies. The firm offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package. Eligible employees may participate in NAM’s comprehensive benefit program including paid time off, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Preferred candidates have experience with CLE program administration in a law firm or professional services environment as well as familiarity with online education delivery platforms.
Candidates will have the following core responsibilities:
- Manage firm-sponsored CLE programs and maintain calendar of training programs.
- Facilitate the development of CLE program topics, identify relevant subject matter experts and panel speakers, and manage day-to-day operations of all CLE related matters.
- Determine CLE accreditation of firm-sponsored courses in approved jurisdictions based on a review of relevant CLE rules and program materials (NAM is a New York State Accredited Provider).
- Prepare applications for CLE credit for individual programs in other jurisdictions as needed.
- Maintain accredited CLE provider status through record-keeping and reporting in compliance with the rules of those jurisdictions and seek accredited provider status in other jurisdictions as appropriate for firm needs.
- Award CLE credit for firm-sponsored programs, including issuing certificates of attendance as needed (primarily to external attendees), maintaining records of credits issued, and reporting credit to CLE regulators, including the assembly of year-end reports.
- Work with firm stakeholders to maintain and grow on-demand library of CLE courses and materials for training purposes.
- Stay abreast of CLE rule changes and related developments in all relevant jurisdictions and develop effective working relationships with CLE regulators in relevant jurisdictions; regularly evaluate CLE procedures, processes, and work flows; recommend and execute changes as appropriate.
- Educate lawyers and relevant staff on CLE rules, program accreditation requirements, and compliance requirements through various methods including guides, emails, and conversations.
- Track internal and external professional development spending against budget and provide reports as needed.
- Manage relationships with training-related vendors including the Association of Corporate Counsel, American Bar Association, Practising Law Institute, and West Legal Ed Center; promote the use of these resources within the firm.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work in concert with all marketing and sales team efforts.
- Manage all event-related details, including the preparation of event-related materials, venue selection, catering, among other related items.
- Onsite support of events and programs, including some (20%) out of state travel.
- Assist with other company sponsored events and conferences as needed.
Successful candidates are detail-orientated, creative, curious, and able to take initiative to identify, design, and execute process improvements. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office Suite skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel. Candidates should have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively, while managing simultaneous projects and deadlines. Candidates should have sophisticated analytical and quantitative abilities, demonstrate the ability to solve problems, and communicate well with all levels of personnel. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; candidates with J.D.s encouraged to apply. Candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years post-college work experience.
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (516) 794-8985.