NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
COMPLIMENTARY CLE PROGRAMS
NAM is an accredited provider of CLE in New York
NAM's full-service Continuing Legal Education program
NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) offers complimentary CLE programs virtually, on-site at your office, or in any of NAM’s dedicated conference facilities. Our Continuing Legal Education department will work with your firm or organization to customize a CLE program that is designed to meet your specific CLE topics of interest.
NAM is an accredited provider of CLE credit in New York, approved for traditional live-classroom format, as well as webinars.
For New York CLE attendance verification purposes, any course codes announced during our webinar programs must be recorded on the New York attorney affirmation form. An evaluation form should be completed as well. The affirmation and evaluation forms can be downloaded by using the links below:
Please e-mail your completed affirmation and evaluation forms to email@example.com in order to receive your certificate of attendance.
NAM's renowned roster of program panelists and presenters
NAM identifies and recruits only those individuals with exceptional credentials and outstanding reputations. Today, our roster of panelists and presenters consists of top-tier former judges and practicing specialists who are knowledgeable neutrals in arbitration and mediation. Our panelists and presenters offer all forms of alternative dispute resolution programs with exceptional knowledge in a wide array of practice areas.
Complimentary, award-winning continuing legal education (CLE)
NAM provides complimentary continuing legal education (CLE) programs for attorneys at law firms, bar associations, corporate legal departments, government legal departments, and other legal and business organizations. Our distinguished presenters and panel of neutrals offer substantial experience as arbitrators and mediators in all fields of civil litigation. Our respected faculty provides participants with an interactive presentation that will engage and educate your audience as they earn relevant CLE credit.
Please see our upcoming and recent CLE events listed below, as well as a sampling of other available CLE programs. If you are interested in a topic that is not listed below, please contact NAM’s CLE department at 800-358-2550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how we can customize a CLE program for your organization.
Law.com Webinar: “Resolving Coverage Disputes in Mediation” presented by Richard P. Byrne, Esq. | Thursday, December 10, 2020
New York City Bar Association Webinar: “Winter Bridge-the-Gap Program” presented by Hon. Peter B. Skelos (Ret.) and James W. Borkowski, Esq. | Friday, January 22, 2021
NAM Webinar: Inside the Mind of the Mediator – How to Avoid Impasse and Maximize Outcomes in Mediation to be presented to L’Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini on Wednesday, November 19, 2020 / To learn more, click here.
Join Hon. John P. DiBlasi, J.S.C. (Ret.) in a pre-recorded law.com webcast: The Importance of Security and Integrity Issues Within the Virtual ADR Process Previously recorded on Thursday, June 11, 2020
Join Hon. Larry S. Schachner (Ret.) in a pre-recorded law.com webcast: Our New Reality – Virtual ADR is Here and Ready to Assist Attorneys in Resolving Disputes. Previously recorded on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Join Hon. Peter B. Skelos J.S.C. (Ret.) and Richard P. Byrne, Esq. in a Clear Law Institute webinar, Reduce Time & Cost: Crafting Effective Arbitration Clauses, on Thursday, August 13, 2020 / To learn more, click here.
Hon John G. Ingram (Ret.) and Hon. Peter B. Skelos, J.S.C. (Ret.) presents a New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers seminar, Using ADR to Fast-Track Surrogates Court Litigation on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 / To learn more, click here.
The New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers Webinar: Resolving Coverage Disputes in Mediation presented by James W. Borkowski, Esq., Richard P. Byrne, Esq. and Hon. E. Michael Kavanagh, J.S.C. (Ret.) will be held on Tuesday, June 30, 2020 / To learn more and register, click here.
Hon. John P. DiBlasi, J.S.C. (Ret.) will present a Clear Law Institute webinar entitled Virtual Alternative Dispute Resolution – Technology, Cybersecurity and Practical Considerations on Monday, June 22, 2020 / To learn more and register, click here.
Hon. John P. DiBlasi, J.S.C. (Ret.) to present a LAW.COM webinar entitled The Importance of Security and Integrity Issues Within the Virtual ADR Process on Thursday, June 11, 2020 / To learn more click here.
Hon. John P. DiBlasi to present a webinar entitled Virtual ADR – The Technology, Cybersecurity and Issues Unique to the Process to the New York State Academy of Lawyers on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. To learn more click here.
Hon. John P. DiBlasi, J.S.C. (Ret.) to join a panel discussion for the New York County Trial Lawyers Association’s, Conference and Settlement and Mediation in Commercial and Personal Injury Cases, on Friday, April 24, 2020
Hon. E. Michael Kavanagh (Ret.) to Present Seminars onThe Basics of Mediation and Arbitration Clauses – Specificity Reduces Dispute Time and Costs to Fidelity National Financial on Thursday, April 2, 2020
NAM neutral, Bob Worden, Esq., to present on Credibility and Integrity—Keys to Success in Mediation at the Ethics in Settlement Negotiation and Mediation program for the CLM – NYC Chapter members at our NYC offices on September 12, 2019.
Sampling of CLE programs
- An Introduction to Virtual Arbitrations & Mediations
- The Benefits of Early Mediation – The Path Least Taken Requires Commitment
- Crafting Arbitration Clauses: How Specificity Reduces Dispute Time & Costs
- The Ethics and Art of Settlement at Mediation
- How to Identify and Resolve High Exposure Claims Early
- If Not Now, When? Achieving Equality for Women Attorneys in the Courtroom and in ADR
- Inside the Mind of a Mediator: Avoiding Impasse and Maximizing Outcomes in Mediation
- Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace Under the ADA
- Secrets of a Successful Mediation
- The Importance of Security and Integrity Issues Within the Virtual ADR Process
- Tips, Best Practices and Hot Button Issues of Commercial Mediation and Arbitration
- Why Mediations Fail and How to Achieve Better Results
- Achieving Optimal Risk Mitigation Through Effective Risk Transfer
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in Personal Injury & Civil Litigation
- Arbitration vs. Litigation Perspectives from the Judges
- Basic Principles and Considerations in Medical Malpractice Cases: Why ADR?
- Best Practices and Tips on Mediation and Arbitration from a Neutral
- Defending the Front Line: Your Role in Domestic and International Arbitrations
- Extra-Contractual, Insurance Coverage Claims & Litigation (General) Topics
- In Mediation, You Gotta Have (Good) Faith!
- Know Before You Go: The Latest Developments and Best Practices in Alternative Dispute Resolution for Corporate Counsel
- Mediating Construction Defect Claims
- Mediation Pointers for Claims Professionals
- Positive Outcomes: Strategies for Mediation in Litigation
- Recent Trends and Practical Tips When Dealing with Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets
- Secrets of Successful Negotiation
- Mediation as a Tool to Resolving Complex E-Discovery Disputes