Thursday, April 12, 2018
The National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ) will have its 2018 Midyear Meeting and is entitled, The Emerging Legal Landscape: Navigating A Path To The Future. This year’s meeting will run from Thursday, April 12th through Saturday, April 14th and will be held at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, 333 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Artificial Intelligence: The Coming Industrial Revolution,
- Somebody IS Watching Me – Cybersecurity, Privacy and the Internet of Things
- Bail Reform-Underway!
- The Opioid Crisis and the Criminal Justice System: A Call to Action
- Nonconsensual Pornography (“Revenge Porn”): Theory and Practice
- Maintaining Your Mental Well-Being: Self Care is an Essential Part of Your Professional Success
- The Fight for Justice: Attracting the Next Generation of Women Judges and Attorneys – Effective Outreach to Millennials
- Building Your Personal Brand (If You Don’t Do It, No One Else Will)
The NAWJ’s mission is to promote the judicial role of protecting the rights of individuals under the rule of law through strong, committed, diverse judicial leadership; fairness and equality in the courts; and equal access to justice.
Hon. Karla Moskowitz, former Associate Justice of the Appellate Division, 1st Department and NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) neutral will attend the event.